These Soundview Summaries cover the books’ main points and highlights and gives you a working knowledge of the latest business practices. A Summary isn't merely a digest or excerpts strung together, it's a seamless document that reads (and holds your interest) like a magazine article. Summaries not only save you time and money; they keep you abreast of the latest ideas and techniques, and they help you decide whether a book is worth reading in its entirety.
• 5, 000 word summary of each title in text format.
• 20-minute audio summary of each title available for download.
• Captures all of the key points of the original book.
• All titles have been chosen by Soundview Executive Book Summaries as among the best 30 books of the year in which they were published.
• Application remembers your current page for each summary so you don't lose your place between sessions.
• Three text sizes, including a large print size.
• Night mode can be turned on to make the text easier on your eyes in dim light conditions.
• Flip pages with the swipe of a finger or the touch of a button.
• Your current position in each audio summary is also saved between sessions.
• Built-in audio player works just like the iPod audio player.
• Volume is customizable within the application.
Leadership Vol. II
THE 360 DEGREE LEADER by John Maxwell: According to leadership expert John C. Maxwell, you can learn to develop your influence from wherever you are in the organization by becoming a 360-degree leader. You can learn to lead up, lead across and lead down. He writes that only 360-degree leaders influence people at every level of the organization, and by helping others, they help themselves. In The 360 Degree Leader, Maxwell explains that becoming a 360-degree leader is within the reach of anyone who possesses average or better leadership skills and is willing to work at it.
CRISIS LEADERSHIP NOW by Laurence Barton: In Crisis Leadership Now, author Laurence Barton applies his corporate insider's insight to numerous case studies, demonstrating how catastrophes happen to real companies and real people every day. These studies form a framework for building crisis management thinking into your company's strategic toolbox. Anticipating all forms of trouble, advising senior management and boards of directors about potential events, and devising a business recovery plan will allow your organization to rebound should tragedy strike.
TRUE NORTH by Bill George and Peter Sims: Just as a compass points toward a magnetic field, your True North pulls you toward the purpose of your leadership. When you follow your internal compass, your leadership will be authentic, and people will naturally want to associate with you.
Soundview works closely with the leading business book publishers to offer summaries of the 30 best business books of the year to it’s more than 100, 000 worldwide subscribers. Soundview offers summaries in print, audio and digital formats for delivery by mail and online. And now they offer topic-based summary collections designed for the iPhone® and iPod Touch®. On the web at www.summary.com.
ABOUT RENKARA MEDIA GROUP
Renkara Media Group, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is a leading provider of education and entertainment software for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Since the release of the iPhone SDK, it specializes in applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch, particularly in the development of education, entertainment, and reference products.